Practical Home Herbalist 4 Part Intensive - FALL 2018
Regular Fee $75/per class
(includes material costs for all medicine-making projects)
Immerse yourself in home-herbal remedy making!
THIS IS AN INTRODUCTORY LEVEL HERBAL SERIES.
(no gardening experience or herbal knowledge required)
Join a unique 4-part series focusing on introducing you to hands-on herbalism for the home! This series includes 12 hours of on-site learning at Little City Farm, plus some "home" assignments, and additional support between sessions. Workshops will be held on 4 Saturdays at Little City Farm.
Dates: Sept 22 & 29, Oct 13 & 20
Times: from 9-12 noon at Little City Farm
At the end of this series you will have gained:
- confidence to grow/use basic medicinal herbs at home
- well-stocked pantry of simple herbal remedies you made
- hands-on experience making 8-10 basic herbal remedies (e.g. oils, salves, poultices, decoctions, tinctures, cough syrups) with samples to take home
- introduction to 10+ medicinal herbs for home use
- guidelines for herbal dosage & basic herbal first aid
- general understanding of plant ID & ethical wild harvesting
- hands-on experience with harvesting, storing, drying herbs
- basic understanding of herbal gardening and seed saving
- ideas for starting your own medicinal herb garden at home
- knowledge of where to source quality herbs and supplies
- a network of others interested in natural herbal healing
- a beautiful botanical sketchbook illustrated and worked on by you!
This workshop series also includes for you:
- the book by Rosemary Gladstar Medicinal Herbs: A Beginners Guide
- sharing an amazing herbal class potluck on the final day!
- a collection of herbal recipes, hand-outs and resources in PDF format from each class
- a small collection of medicinal herbs to plant at home
- a blank botanical sketchbook for you to fill out throughout the class and beyond
Limited space to 10 participants. For questions or to be added to our waiting list please contact Karin at: email@example.com / or 519-575-9174
Cost includes: all materials/ingredients/supplies, 12 hours instruction, herbal book, medicinal plants, recipes & resources hand-outs, and collection of your own handmade remedies to take home
PLEASE REGISTER BELOW:
If full payment at registration time is an issue, please contact Karin to set up post-dated cheque payments. Any questions, please inquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org